A Brief Introduction
The Convention on Exchange of International Talents (the Convention in short) was established in 1998 and is held in Guangzhou, a Chinese scenic southern city, in every December. The Convention is a platform for the international high-level start-up talents to communicate with the Chinese governments, hi-tech parks, incubators, corporations, universities and research organizations from many Chinese provinces. The Convention is guided by the High-level Talents Introduction Group afflicted to the Central Government. The forum is hosted by the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Science and Technology, Chinese Academy of Science, Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council, Western Returned Scholars Association (Overseas-educated Scholars Association of China), Chinese Communist Party Committee of Guangzhou, Guangzhou Municipal Government. It is jointly hosted by twenty-five cities (or organizations) such as Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Chongqing, Shenzhen and Nanjing. The Forum has been successfully held for 18 years.
The European Division of 2017 “Creating the Future with Knowledge” international Innovation and Entrepreneur Competition (the Competition in short) has been launched. Its aim is to give full play to the initiative of the innovation and entrepreneur impact imposed by The Convention on Exchange of International Talent (Guangzhou Convention of Overseas Chinese Scholars in Science and Technology). The Competition plans to select twenty teams to join the Convention. Any breaking team will also get rich benefits from the Convention.
As the designated cooperative organization of the competition, UK China Economic & Culture Promotion Association will spare every effort to ensure the successful host of the Competition, provide free innovative counselling and registration service. The Association will also provide cash bonuses for all the team members and their referrals.
Benefits of Entry by Hosting Organization
- You will be able to roadshow and exhibit your project, then discuss with interested parties in 2017 Convention, the biggest, best and most influential international talents communication platform in China. You will able to enjoy the global focus and the publicity reports from every Chinese major news agency;
- You will enjoy accurate docking with many famous financing institutions such as China Young Angel Investor Leader Association, Lebo Investment Ltd, Eagles Fund, Yingnuo Angels Fund, VcHello Webste, Guangdong Angel Investor Leader Association, QF Capital, Houde Guangsheng Fund, Shenzhen Innovation Investment Group.
- You will enjoy preferential entry into top-rated industry parks and innovative incubators;
- You will be the first ones to enjoy global Chinese communities’ resources that are held by Guangdong Association of Chinese Communities and Returned Students and Scholars.
- You will enjoy a free two-day field trip named Guangdong Innovative Travel which aims to lead the international talents to inspect the province.
- You will enjoy a country-wide field trip. The Convention will invite the major responsible personnel of the breaking projects to take part in the inspector tour so that you could dock with the talents organizations and innovation parks in every province. You may select whatever location you prefer to settle the project.
- You can inspect the international innovative parks in other cities of Guangdong Province. You will be shown a series of innovative systematic services such as policy, governance, business, markets and fund raising. It will lay a great foundation for the innovative projects to settle down in China and to further open up the Chinese market.
- The cooperative bank of the Convention will provide financing credits for the breaking projects. The credit amount of single project could be as high as 20,000,000 RMB.
Additional Supports and Bonus
As the designated cooperative organization of the competition, UK China Economic & Culture Promotion Association will provide additional supports and bonus for every registered team.
Bonus for the registered teams
- The early-birds teams (the 1st to 40th of the teams for registration) will enter into a prize draw of 1,000 GBP.
- The teams that are the 41st to 80th to register will enter into a prize draw of 600 GBP.
- The breaking projects will enjoy travel subsidies, plus free accommodations and meals in the Guangzhou Convention.
- All registered teams will enjoy free innovative counselling and resources docking services
- Every registered team will enjoy marketing analysis, business mode and plan tutorial
- The breaking projects will enjoy one-to-one resources docking service, which will get ready for the business talks after returning to China.
- The breaking projects will enjoy a free roadshow tour in cities around China. The initial cities include Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Changshu, Beijing and Shanghai. You can choose wherever you like for the travel. The referral for the breaking projects will also be provided with managers training programs that aim for the successful transfer of international projects.
Bonus for the referrals (who recommend projects)
- The 1st to 20th referrals who recommend projects to register in the Competition will be awarded with a bonus of 50 GBP each. (The member of the team cannot recommend his / her own team, but can refer other teams to join)
- Every referral or organization that successfully recommend a single team will get a cash prize draw voucher. The voucher can get accumulated. The ratio of the award is 10%, and each of the award is 100 GBP. For instance, if we give out 100 cash vouchers, among which we will take 10 cash prizes of 100 GBP. The referral who recommends multiple projects can get multiple prizes.
- We will provide the referral with at least 20 percent of the profits generated from the investment fruits of the breaking projects.
- We will provide the referrals with free managers training program that aims for the successful transfer of international projects.
Eligibility for the Competition
The theme of the Competition is “Creating the Future with Knowledge, fulfilling the dream in Guangzhou.” The Competition aims to attract innovative teams and individuals who grasp advanced innovative fruits with profitable marketing prospect. The core members of the teams can either be Chinese overseas students or citizens of other countries who are now studying or working in Europe. These members who recently return to China can also join the Competition. The project could be the creation or intellectual property directly engaged by the competitor, or the conceptual product or service that could be put into practice in research and development. The project shall have no intellectual property disputes with other parties.
The application deadline is October 30th. The competition will take place between November 1st and November 20th. The result will later be published. The breaking projects will join 2017 Convention on Exchange of Overseas Talents for the communication and docking.
To sign up or refer projects, please file the attached register forms and referral forms. If you have any question or help, please email info@TBInnovation.co.uk or befriend wechat account “TBInnovation.” The teams who register only through the above method can get additional support and cash bonus.
The Competition Website: http://www.ocs-gz.gov.cn/
In less than three days since the kick-off of the European Division of the Convention on Exchange of Overseas Talent, we have received dozens of registration consultations and several new supporting organizations. We would like to give special thanks for the supports and cooperation to the European division from the recommendation organizations below. We also have already earned a lot of benefits for the teams and their referrals. We hope that the organizations and individuals will continue to promote the Convention. (The list will keep updating, and it is in random order)
UK-Chinese Times (UK)
Chinese Business Gazette（UK）
The UK Chinese Journal（UK）
Techbridge Innovation Ltd（UK）
The Golden Age News Group （UK）
EFC G5 Innovation Networks UK Ltd （ UK&China）
RTC Innovation ltd（UK）
Guang Dong Chinese Overseas Community Investment and Management Ltd （China）
British Association of Guang Dong Business and Technology （UK）
HiTECH Innovation Society （University of Leeds, UK）
Manchester Chinese Business Society (The University of Manchester, UK）
CSSA Leeds （University of Leeds, UK）
Many thanks for your supports and cooperation!
UK China Economic & Culture Promotion Association